We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Trying not to FREAK OUT!!!

Last night Kyle and I went to a wonderful BBQ at my principal's house to kick off the school year. We were talking about the training that we'll be getting on Monday and Tuesday. I asked if we would be doing something similar on Wednesday, and I quickly corrected myself as I realize that Wednesday was the first day of school!
I was just about to fall asleep when I spoke in a panicked voice,"Kyle! School starts in four days!!!" Now mind you I have been very good so far. I haven't been like a chicken with no head. I even got a compliment on Friday morning from a Superintendent from another school. He said I looked very calm, and for the whole day yesterday I was good until right before I fell asleep.
"Tasha, you're NOT allowed to freak out."
Although he couldn't see me through the dark I gave Kyle a dirty look and thought, "Who are you to tell me not to freak out. I've been good so far. School IS starting and all..." Realize I thought all of those things in the brief pause it took for Kyle to take a breath and then continue.
"You can pray, and you can plan. But, you are not allowed to stress and worry."
Have you ever realized that you are forgetting something? In the moments when I was relaxed and reflecting on my day I forgot that God was with me.
This morning I was reading through Isaiah 40. Woah! Have you read Isaiah 40 lately? If not, you should, especially if you are working on not freaking out.

S: Isaiah 40: 28-31

28 Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the LORD,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

O:Did you forget? Did you get so wrapped up in this world that you forgot that God is still on His throne. He isn't off His throne pacing, bitting His nails, and saying, "Poor me. Poor me! What am I going to do?." Nor is He saying, "Wow, now that's a surprise. I didn't see that one coming."

Our God is magnificent. He does not loose strength. He is our might Creator. I like verse 22.

It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

Did you notice that God told us the earth was round ,"circle of the earth"? I bet that was hard for people to understand long ago. But that didn't mean that God was confused about the shape of the earth. The same thing is for now. We are small like grasshoppers compared to all that God is. He has a plan and He isn't worried.

A: We will grow tired and weak,but our God doesn't. Through Him we can have strength and can choose to not grow weary of heart.

P: Lord, please use these four remaining days of summer to bring You glory. Help me to continue to learn about You throughout the school year, and to remember all that you have taught me this summer. Help Kyle and I to communicate as we encounter the wirl wind known as school. Amen

2 comments:

Kyle said...

When I am freaking out in a few weeks try to sensitivly remind me of what I told you, okay?

Unknown said...

Sensitively, but not sarcastically.:) Somehow, sarcasm pours out when we're stressed or tired.:(

Tasha, thanks for sharing. I say...it's ok to FREAK out. Give it all to God. It's in your heart (and belly) anyhow, so why not. But....then step back and let Him work. Do the best you can to plan, etc., but then let Him work.

Above all, make sure that you & Kyle are really looking at calendars and schedules for: grocery shopping, meals, chores, waking up/going to sleep, and-most importantly-date time.

Praying for you on your BIG adventure coming up!

Kari