We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Serve

S: "Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account." Phil. 4:17
O: Paul was thanking the Philippians for supporting him with prayer and financies. They were one of the few churches that did. He also realized that there is fruit in serving others. Yes, Paul benefitted, but so did the Phillipians.
A: Serve, not just because others need help; but also because God can mold you through the process. Our nature is to be self serving. It can be so refreshing to help someone with no obligations in return.
P: Lord, thank you for the opportunities to help others. Thank you that helping someone move can be used to your glory.

Aside: Now that school has started it is easy for me to be all consumed with school. There are some major challenges before me to reach my students, many of whom have English as a second language. But today I was so blessed to help someone move because it helped someone and it had nothing to do with school! I know it may sound crazy, but I know myself. I know that school has in the past taken over every part of my life. And I don't want that. So, helping some one was a help in its own way for me too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Serve- it feels so good! What a blessing to God it is to leave behind whatever we have going on & do something for someone. Much like I say about running "I've never gone out running and thought, Man, I should have stayed home & sat on the couch.", serving is like that...I've never walked away from serving saying: "Man, I should've stayed home & sat on the couch."!