We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Holy Ground?

scripture
Exodus 3:4-5
When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!" And Moses said, "Here I am." "Do not come any closer," God said. "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground."

quote
(Paraphrase) Did God ask Moses to remove his shoes because the ground had all the sudden become holy or was it that it was holy the whole time and Moses had not known? Are we walking past burning bushes on our left and on our right everyday?
- Rob Bell, dvd 014 Breath, Nooma Series

thought
Am I moving so fast that I miss chances to experience God? Am I so focused on what I feel, think, believe is important that I miss out on what God feels, thinks, believes is important? What would happen if I slowed down so that I could see things in real time instead of this blur that I tend to think is life?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kieran/Kari say: "Great stuff!" We often times ARE too busy. We often times spend too much time in the past or present, that we miss what He has for us NOW! Thanks for sharing Rob's insights with others. (Maybe you could put the NOOMA site on the side of your blog with Elli's website, the Rogers' blog, etc.? Just a thought.)

Unknown said...

Kieran just noted that my LIFE journal entry today ties in with your blog. Thus, I'll be sharing:
"...they tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living & true God, & to wait for His son form heaven, whom he raised from the dead- Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1Thess 9b-10

From BSF notes, I noted the words TURNED-past; SERVE-present; WAIT-future return. From that, I added: "I'm thankful that we have someone with whom we can leave the past. I'm thankful that our God is living & true. Are we serving Him while we wait for His return? Don't spend so much time in the past or future that you miss the opportunities to see Him now and/or to serve Him now."