We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Golden Compass

All,
I did not even know there was a movie out or almost out called The Golden Compass until I was sent this email. I did a quick image search and found images that I have seen before in advertisement. The images make the movie look very interesting and action packed. However, after reading this article there is more than meets the eye.

Matthew 10:16
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves:
be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.


Read this article from snopes.com to learn more about it.
http://snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp
Anyone else have any input?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We ALWAYS have to be careful what we view/read.:) Personally, I would have avoided this one just because I don't respect the actress. KariB

Lori said...

I was excited when I first saw the previews-I am a BIG fantasy fan-Lord of the Rings has been my favorite since high school (a looong time ago for me!) and this movie looked right up my alley. Then a woman from my Sunday School class sent the same email to us and I was appalled at the subject matter I will not be going to see it. Also Vivian at our library at school and I were discussing it (she ,too, is a big fan of fantasy). She said our library has one or two books of the series, but she had never read them. She has already received several phone calls from concerned parents. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out at the school level. I'll keep you posted!