We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Zip It

Blah, blah, blah. This is what I hear when people complain. I think that its a trend or fad right now.

Tasha was telling me about a sermon she listened to this week. The pastor talked about complaining. "If you want to hate your marriage, COMPLAIN about it. If you want to hate your job, COMPLAIN about it. If you want to hate your house, COMPLAIN about it. If you to hate your car, COMPLAIN about it."

Do you see the potential here? Complain about everything and you will hate everything, and if you hate everything you will be miserable, and if you are miserable them you'll vex those around you... Complaining has great negative potential!

What if instead of complaining you choose, yes choose, to find the positive in all circumstances? This has great positive potential! This has the potential to enrich your marriage, make your job more enjoyable, make you grateful for your house, and thankful for your car. But it does stop there.

If you are a complainer, zip it. Then try finding the good instead of the bad. If you look for the bad then you will find it. If you look for the good you will also find it.


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. "

3 comments:

Tasha said...

If you want to listen to the sermon click on the link for lifechurch.tv and click on watch messages. On the right pick the catagory relationships and you'll find Zip It. It is actually a 3 part series. I only listened to the first part of the first one, but I got a lot out of it. I find that when I complain I get down and discouraged. If things are going bad, finding things to be thankful for really helps to pull me out of my yuck. Sometimes it is easier said than done, but it is soooooo worth it to be thankful.

Unknown said...

I think we all need to zip it more often. I think we REALLY need to think when we speak. I think we need to pray more before we just blurt out our feelings. Sometimes our hearts hurt, so we react. Instead, we should take time to pray & THEN speak if we feel the prompting. The thing is once we've spoken, we can't take it back. Sometimes we DO need to speak & sometimes, we just need to zip it! You know what else happens when we zip it? We can hear him better!

Stephanie said...

I agree - complaining seems to darken my heart and make me negative about a lot of things in general.

Thanks for including Brilliant Bows on your bloglist :)