We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Football

Today my parents flew into DFW. We all went on a short tour while in route to Crackerbarrel. While we were checking out the gift shop it started snowing. We stopped by the hotel to check in and drop off the luggage before coming back to Troy's apartment. The room is nice and big.

Once we got back to the apartment we turned on the Dallas game. Our buddy Paul is there with his wife Kristen. He called Troy earlier to say that they got field passes to go down before the game started. My mom is very jealous because she's a big cowboys fan.







Mom and my "bonus" brother, Paul


Troy, Perry, and I went outside to throw the football around. Troy put on ski goggles and gloves. I put on a nose/ear wrap thingy. Perry had mittens. It is hard to throw a ball when it’s wet. It is hard for me to throw a ball period but at least now I had an actual excuse. :) We came in once our mittens and socks were soaked through.







Troy and me showing off our football attire

This has been a great Thanksgiving. I miss my brother and Aimee lots. It is so good to be here with them. It is also good to spend a few days with Perry and Sherry. We all bonded so much on our trip to India last summer that it’s been hard not to see them so much. I've never played football in the snow with my brother, but I got to this Thanksgiving.












Ama and Apa


What are you thankful for?

Last weekend Tasha and I played a game. I said, "I'll start by saying three things that I am thankful for then it will be your turn. We'll keep going until we run out of things." She said, "And no repeats." We played for quite a while. You try it and see how long you can go.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your trip to Texas sounded very memorable. Thanks for sharing the first hand account. What an awesome memory to store away forever! We, too, had snow. It came in Wednesday night & it was beautiful to watch while waiting for my sister & her family.

If I played the thankful game, I do believe I'd go on for a LONG time! A pastor at Blackhawk gave a very nice Thanksgiving/thankful message today.

Unknown said...

Man, your mom looks so happy! She's an amazing woman, truly! You'd never ever guess that she's juggling 12,000 things on her plate right now! She's an inspiration to me. Tell her I want to be just like her when I grow up!:)

Kyle said...

I miss my brother.