We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Let's Celebrate - 3 Years

Officially today, Tasha and I have been married for three years now! How'd it all start?


Near the end of my senior year in high school there was a fund raiser. The deal was that if you filled out thier questionaire and gave them a few dollars they'd run it through thier computers and see who you were compatable with. I went with Anthony Barboza and we both filled out the questionaire.

When we got back the results there on the page were listed - 10 people that would like you, 10 people that you would like, your best friend, and your worst enemy. We scanned through the names but needed a visual. We went to visit an insider to the yearbook. This person was able to get the photo proof binders for us to look through. As we went down the list, matching names and faces, we circled the names of the cute girls. Hey, we're boys.

Anthony looked at mine and said "hey, that girl is in your next class". He was pointing at a senior girl by the name of Tasha Freckleton. I told him that he was mistaken and asked how he'd know since he wasn't even in my class. To prove he was right he followed me to class, Mrs. Brundage's. Once the girl walked in, he laughed at me, and then left to go to his class.

The room was rowdy with everyone talking about thier results. I took this opportunity to go talk to this girl. Very smoothly I said, "Hi, it looks like we are compatible." I handed her the results and waited for her to see her name. When she looked up I asked, "What are you doing this weekend?" I don't know what I was expecting to happen but she pushed the paper at me, turned a very nice shade of red, and walked quickly back to her seat.

Later that week, I was hanging out in the quad with my buddies. Jacob Morris, who was on the cross country and track team with me, came up to talk. He was acting a little bit wierder than normal. However, normal didn't ever come close to describing Jacob. He asked if I had a date for the prom in a few weeks. I told him that I wasn't going. Then he said that there was this girl named Tasha Freckleton that wanted to go and was interested in me and that he was sent on a short recon mission. By this time my buddies had gathered around to hear the conversation. I looked around and loudly replied, "If she asks me then I'll go." My buddies broke out in a roar of laughter. Jacob skipped away to tell Tasha the news.

I went back to look over the results of the compatability quiz. I found something very strange...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute reminder. Thanks for posting the story! Happy Anniversary!

Tasha said...

Thanks honey. Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing the evening with dinner at a mom and pop restaurant, my kids Christmas program, and a nice hot cup of tea. I love you.