We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Our pets, thier food, and an uninvited guest

We had a scare on Saturday when we couldn't find Sir Issac the newt. We finally found him below the screen in the tank. I think he followed the crickets beneath it. They crawl beneath the screen and hide from the newts in the gravel to avoid getting eaten. I've got to figure a way to avoid that.

I bought some freeze dried bloodworms to see if the newts liked them. They don't even think they are food because they don't move around like the crickets do. The worms sort of blend in with the moss so maybe they don't even see them. The nutrition level in these worms is amazing though. Out of curiosity I put some in with the crickets to see if they'd eat them and they love them. Each cricket grabbed a piece and started munching. Now the newts will get the worm nutrients through the crickets. Ha.

I was beginning to vacuum last night and thought I'd better look around the couch to make sure nothing was going to get sucked up that shouldn't be. Tasha started a puzzle Friday night while I typed some journal entries for class. She was bummed that the puzzle was missing an edge piece and was going to have to write and ask for it from the company that made it. However, I found it just under the edge of the couch. But I also found this...


Newts and crickets and freeze dried bloodworms are cool with us but spiders are creepy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ew, ew, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ew! That's one of those things that, if I weren't praising, singing, & basically laying prostrate in awe, I'd ask God. Ew-ew-and again may I say EW!!

Kyle said...

Once I got the spider in the glass I was better but I still jumped when he'd jump at the glass.

Tasha said...

The scariest part was being able to zoom in with the camera. You could actually see the spider's eyes!!!!

Unknown said...

First response: Never sitting on any couch again, ever!