We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Running

There is something special about running. Especially the first run after having not run in far too long. This run in particular burns and hurts to the point that you can't think of any good reason why you came out to run in the first place. My eyes blurred and I couldn't think about anything other than how my throat and chest seemed to be on fire while my hands are like icicles. But I know that in a few days the running will become smooth again and worth it. Because after a few days you can run farther and with longer strides. I'm sure someone walking could have ran faster than my last part of running, but I smiled to myself as I ran because there I was running and although it hurt, it felt great at the same time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There IS something about running!:) It's hard not to compare yourself to others, isn't it. I always have to remember what's a good run for me is not necessarily a good run for someone else. Kieran & I were walking Stephanie Cmas afternoon after eating at my parent's house. We saw a guy running in their perfect 40 degree day & we both commented on how great the run looked! It's hard to muster up the umph to go exercise, but, you never regret it once you do it, do ya? Keep it up!!

Kyle said...

I ran crosscountry and track in highschool. I was always asked why I ran if there was nothing chasing me. Now when Tasha asks me to run with her I think, "Why? There's nothing chasing me."