We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ecclesiastes

For the past three Sundays, I haven't made it to church. The first Sunday was just two days after Eliana arrived. The following Sunday, Kyle made it to church, but I had too little sleep to stay awake during church. Last weekend Kyle was sick, so we stayed an extra day out of town with relatives rather than driving home.

So, what do you do when you miss church? A friend of mine lives in Wisconsin and goes to Blackhawk Church in Madison. On occasion, she recommends sermons she has heard from the teaching staff. So after a few hours of sleep on that second Sunday being home, I listened to Pastor Chris preach the sermon called "A Time for Everything". For a week and a half I've been chewing on his words, so much so that today I listened to "Life Just Ain't Fair". Pastor Chris breaks down the book of Ecclesiastes into these parts:
Life is an absurd puzzle that no one can figure out.
Ultimately only God knows how it all fits together.
Therefore, fear God and enjoy life for what it is.

I would highly recommend taking the time to listen to at least these two sermons. You can find them archived at: http://www.blackhawkchurch.org/resources/message_archive.php#. My life has had a lot of transitions lately. After 5 years of teaching, I'm not teaching this fall. I'm a new mom. My grandfather and grandmother have passed away within months of each other. Kyle's grandfather passed away the same week that Oma did. I found these sermons to hit the spot with all of these transitions. Let me know if you listen to them. You can post a comment on our blog by clicking on the word comment below each post. If you don't have gmail or a blog, you can leave a comment anonymously and then write your name at the bottom so that we can see who is commenting.

No comments: