We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Looking Back


I love Eliana's smile!


Aren't these cute? Frogs are one of my favorite animals!


One day I'll be amazed at just how small Eliana is. Taking pictures with my hands in them will help me to remember her size.


I've been a bit reflective today. It often takes a the time to look back for me to see how God is moving.

As many of you know, I love to plan. I love to organize. I love to fill my calendar with activities. Two weeks before Eliana came was full with at least one, if not more than one, activity for every day. The week of Eliana coming was Vacation Bible School, so I, the Craft Lady, was naturally busy. I remember that Thursday before Eliana came choosing to stay home from VBS because I didn't feel well. I had flu like symptoms, which were actually a sign of labor I realized part way through the day. At some point that day I began to think about the up coming week. I didn't have one lunch plan with a friend. I didn't have any projects lined up. I had nothing. Now I realize that God prepared me with a week of "nothing" because I would have a brand new baby.

The Wednesday before Eliana came was a doctor's appointment. I was mortified when they said I had gained 6 pounds in eight days. I didn't like how my doctor and nurse's eyes got a bit big when they calculated just how much I had gained. I called Kyle after and repeated over and over, "This is not okay!!!" I still have 3 weeks to go. I didn't want to gain another 18 pounds before Eliana arrived. I knew I had eaten what I wanted when I wanted that weekend with that baby shower and all, but 6 pounds?!?!? Now I realize Eliana needed every bit of those pounds to help her be ready to come early.

Weeks ago my mom, sister, and I were trying to decide when to have the Bakersfield baby shower. At one point we thought about the weekend of June 26th and June 27th. I just wasn't comfortable having the shower so close to my due date. We went with June 19th. Now I realize I would have missed a very special baby shower if we had chosen the 26th or 27th. Plus I needed every bit of that tasty, calorie filled weekend. Once again, God prepared the way for Eliana to come.

2 comments:

Kieran & Kari said...

Beautiful reflections. Thank you for sharing.

Stephanie said...

Mark's family has been in town, so I just got caught up on things... she's beautiful!!! I love her pretty name, too. Congratulations, Kyle and Tasha! Thanks for all of the updates and pictures. It sounds like things are going so smoothly for your new family of 3. We are very happy for you!