We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Friday, August 6, 2010

6 Weeks Old

Eliana is 6 weeks old today!


She loves light, so being outside today was very exciting for her.


She was fascinated by the sound of jets and birds.






Eliana isn't doing much in the video, but I know there are relatives and friends out of town and country that want to see her moving.

Eliana's vision is starting to get better! She loved staring at her mobile on her swing yesterday! She loves the swing, and I love the swing because she loves the swing. I wish she loved the car seat as much she loved the swing. Half the time she is totally content in the car, and other times she screams until we arrive at our destination.

Some things I've learned:
*Caring for her on a fussy day or night is harder than any bad teaching day. On a bad teaching day, there is always recess time to give me a mental break!
*It is okay to not get as much done in a day as I used to.
*Sleep when the baby sleeps! She is starting to sleep a little better! I haven't had a up every 1/2 hour for feeding for hours at a time in a while. Some nights I even get 3 hours at a time of sleep! Those are amazing nights!
*Eliana is slow to wake up like her daddy.
*Eliana can make one eye brow go way up like her daddy.
*She doesn't like her arms swaddled.
*She likes to sleep with her arms by her face like I do.

2 comments:

Kieran & Kari said...

In the busyness & craziness that is your life right now, I want to sincerely thank you for leaving updates for your readers. Thank you for the time invested!! It's wonderful to see her growing up! Congratulations on the move. I'll be praying that ALL details will work together for His glory. Gosh, she's such a treasure...I can hardly believe that our little mentorees are now parents!!:)

Renllua said...

thanks for the posting, delightful pictures....and for completing book reviews! she is a darling little snookums.