We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Friday, October 29, 2010

18 Weeks Old

Kyle had surgery on his wrist last week to remove two ganglion cysts. That meant that we got to spend some extra time together while he recovered. He got to watch Eliana while I had a root canal last week (with the help of Rachel), and he watched her again this week while I had the temporary crown put on. In general, I am not a fan of the dentist. Although this whole process hasn't been too bad on the pain level, it really just isn't my cup of tea. I look forward to when I don't have to see them again for a few months.

With our family time, we went to the park a couple of times. There is a small botanical garden near us.


Black Eyed Susans


Black Eyed Susan


There were tiny pumpkins and gourdes on one of the picnic tables at the garden. Last year I gave my students tiny pumpkins and gourdes. One of the girls, who is quite crafty, made it a tiny jack-o-lantern. Now that takes skill!


Eliana enjoyed a couple of naps on our park adventures. Another blessing from God is that she isn't crying as much in the car!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is HUGE! It makes getting out of the house so much more enjoyable.


Kyle has a nack for finding these critters on our walks.

Look carefully at the images below. What do you see?





I know that they are really hand and feet grips for a rock wall, but what I saw was masks! Can't you see it now??? Kyle thinks the last one looks more like a foot.



Eliana had her 4 month check up. Last Monday she was 11 pounds and 4 ounces. She is a little above the 5th percentile in weight. She is now 23 inches long, and that puts her in the 10th percentile for height! Very soon we'll have to switch over to the 3-6 month clothes!

Some of you know that I hate to waste things. We bought a bunch of size one diapers, and Eliana has simply grown out of them. She has been blowing out of diapers for a week, so it is time to move on. I struggled with what to do. We probably have a good $50 in diapers that can't be used. After some careful thought, I realized that I know 4 ladies who are pregnant. I guess that means I have their gifts already! Before I was pregnant I didn't enjoy buying diapers. Clothes are so much cuter. Now I realize what a blessing diapers are as a gift.

No comments: