We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Clovis Botanical Garden


I went looking in the phone book for the Clovis Library and found the Clovis Botanical Garden instead. Kyle and I decided to check it out today. It is pretty small, but we had a great time taking some cool pictures. Kyle took this one. I'd like to go back in the spring. If you are looking for some plants, you might want to check it out. They sell a variety of plants there.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool that you found this! Somewhere in Fresno is a secret garden type place, too. I'll see if I can find it for you both.

You've GOT to come to Madison! Check out our botanical gardens:
http://www.ci.madison.wi.us/Olbrich/

Unknown said...

You might try finding the Fresno Chamber of Commerce on-line and seeing if they'll send you a packet of info on Fresno & area. I know they have lots of cool museums.

You might also check out Fresno State options. I believe they have a planetarium!

Oh yeah- There appears to be a Japanese garden nearby: http://shinzenjapanesegarden.org

And, I just found one of probably many Fresno info websites:
http://www.explorefresno.com

Glad to hear you're enjoying where you are!

Tasha said...

Have you been to that Botanical Garden? How cool that it is indoors. Just when you think the sun will never come out early again, and the snow is here to stay, you can step in to a tropicl garden. Cool!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah, baby, we've been to Olbrich in Madison. It's very, very nice. It has outdoor & indoor facilities. It's really a treat to be there. My favorite section is actually the medicinal plants. I think it's so cool that naturally occurring plants can do so much! There's a big Japanese sculpture at the back of the garden. It was sent here from Japan as a gift from like the Japanese embassy.