We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Sanctification

This morning I was ironing. It doesn't take much brain power but I wasn't fully awake either. Before I realized it, I had put a pretty firm crease in the fabric that I did not want to be there. I stretched the fabric and ran the iron over it to try and remove the crease. No luck. So I pumped some stream into it. No luck. Then I pumped a lot of steam and held it there firmly. It was a stubborn crease. I didn't get it out all the way but who was going to look closely at it like I was.

Light comes on! Wrinkles want to happen. A shirt never stays unwrinkled. You continually have to wash it, dry it, and iron it. I've got a lot of wrinkles and creases in myself. Some of those have come out pretty easy. Others have been creased so long that they are hard to remove. We get wrinkled in this world either by it or by ourselves. I wish there was spiritual starch. I'd never have to go through an ironing. But there isn't. Then we go to God and He washes us, dries us out, and irons us wrinkle free. Then we get worn and it starts again.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Thanks for ironing my clothes this morning. It really blesses me more than you'll ever know.

Unknown said...

Kudos to you for being man of the hour by helping your wife with ironing AND finding a God-application with it! Thanks for bloggin'!

Tasha said...

Just so you know... Kyle does most of the ironing. For some reason it drives me crazy! I guess I'd rather find something that doesn't need ironing, than to take the... few minutes needed to iron the night before. I can usually get my willing husband to iron once about every two weeks. I don't push it, and he lets me know if he is too tired to do it.