We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Week two at Pacific

It is pretty common knowledge that I don't like school. However, I am enjoying it so much thus far.

I am still getting used to my schedule.
Today I got out of my first class, Physical Science and went to find a table where I could work on my homework for the class. I was on the last problem when I remembered that I had math today also. I pulled out my schedule to check the time, looked at my watch, and screamed. I was 15 minutes late and my book was in my truck. I got there and listened to lecture for just 15 minutes until he said, okay that's all I've got for you today.

I have lab this afternoon. Usually I only have to show up for one 2-hr block. Today though I have to show up for both 2-hr blocks. The reason here is that I showed up at the wrong room last week and could not understand why I had missed it.

Prayer in class.
Before each lecture in both my Jesus and Christian Community and my Astronomy classes we open up with prayer. I had always gone to a public school. The only prayers I said were before I ate lunch, and before tests. I love my teachers recognizing God as creator, sustainer, and Lord.

Christian campus?
I was so excieted to be on a Christian campus. I am however also disappointed. I guess I knew that not all students would be Christian but it really bothers me by some of the language, behavior, and dress that I see. For example, last week some guy came to class wearing a Hooters tshirt "definetly tacky but delightfully unrefined". I've gotten angry at times from these instances but then God says, I love these people. Then I know that what I can do is shine His light around them and hopefully the Holy Spirit will alter thier insides. Please pray for "B" that she'll find her worth in God and not in the lustful eyes of men. Please pray for "A" that she'll discover the freedom of grace and mercy. Please pray for "C" that he'll put away the childish things he holds onto and become the man God wants him to be.

Question: Who is Jesus? Post a comment to this blog entry. I'll share more about the question later.

Love, Kyle

5 comments:

Tasha said...

I'm so proud of you for going back to school. I know that you aren't the natural student. At my training today I learned that 50% of the world is analytical. That would be me. And the other 50% is global. That would be you. As my presenter explained, global thinkers think about the big picture and are very creative. Over and over she explained that she and other global people are not stupid, they are hard wired to think in a different way but still expected to have an output that is analytical. It turns out that she is a Christian and is an amazing speaker. To anyone interest in this or learning about how to deal with strong willed people check out Cynthia Ulrich Tobias. I've added her link to the link list.

Unknown said...

Kyle, we're so very proud of you, too. "Christian" means a lot of things to a lot of people, isn't that funny? In your not-so-spare time, you really should try to get ahold of Tony Dungy's biography called Quiet Strength. His Christian witness in the NFL is awesome. I loved his examples & insights. Gosh, the guy never had a negative thing to say about anyone/anything. He always gleaned something positive from every experience. I love where he once stood up for a "suggestive" commercial that ran before a football game. He felt it was inappropriate on many levels & shared those thoughts. Again, can't say it enough, we're SOOOOOOO proud of you!

Unknown said...

Kyle,

I think your willingness to accept the challenge of school as part of God's big picture of your life. Although you and school have a love/hate relationship, I have been blessed to see your maturity in accepting challenges and growing through them.

As far as "Who is Jesus", wasn't he the guy you used to work with? I've heard of walking with Jesus, but you're the only guy I know who's ridden with him in a pickup truck.

Unknown said...

Kieran Baher sez:

That last one was me, not Kari.

Kyle said...

Yeah, I figured. ROTF