We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Geese

Geese are loud and mean. I can remember being chased by one as a kid. We were at Hart Park. My aunt and cousins were with us. My mom had brought a loaf of bread to feed the birds. One very large impatient goose didn’t think that I was tossing the bread quickly enough. I was chased, my aunt was snapped by its beak, and we lost our bread.

Anyway, we went running on Sunday. On our run we heard some geese flying loudly overhead. They are so cool to see them flying in formation. I mean, geese don’t go to flight school and learn that if they fly in formation then they can draft on each other. God had to teach them that. It is a natural instinct. This made me think bout how God created everything.

Then I noticed that this formation of geese were flying north, not south. They were going in the wrong direction. Then a little while later there was a larger group that was flying south like they were supposed to. I made me wonder if a small group going the right direction saw the group going the wrong direction and said, “Hey don’t go that way. Follow us.”

Aren’t we supposed to do the same thing? When Jesus called his disciples, he wasn’t just asking them to tag along. He called them and they left “their lives” and started a new life with him. When Jesus called my name I followed him. He used the Holy Spirit through my church, and my family to bring me to that decision. Now that I am a follower of Christ, I am supposed to be an active agent of the harvest.

What does this look like?
-Bring up spiritual things in conversations
-Talk about the bible study you attended or the worship service you went to
-Share a Christian music cd with someone
-Invite others to church get-togethers
-Pray for your coworkers, family members, and friends
-Do not just ask “how’s it going?” and keep walking. You asked a question so wait for an answer. Be genuine and authentic.
-Share a meal or a cup of coffee and get to know someone better
-Ask questions that relate to spiritual things and discuss them
-Ask someone how they are doing and give them your full attention

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Geese are amazing & the are plentiful in the midwest. I think it's cool that God can show you stuff through both geese & a dryer!:) Loved the insight, Kyle. There are opportunities around us ALL the time & yet we don't always see them or take them.

Thanks for taking the time to share. I know you have a lot on your plate right now. The fact that you're taking extra time to update a blog is really nice!

Unknown said...

Kieran Baher says:
What a cool insight. Sometimes we get to point people in the right direction, and sometimes they're there to turn us around! Keep pointing the way, brother!