We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Baby



Kyle and I are going to have a baby! Today we got to see the baby at my first ultrasound. We heard the baby's heart rate at 178 beats per minute. Apparently, the smaller they are, the fast babies heart's beat. The baby is due July 19, 2009. That puts me at 10 weeks and 1 day.

Things I know about our baby:
1. The baby is hungry often. I eat more than I ever have in my life. Well, maybe as much as I did at the height of swim season in high school. Do you know those burrito especials at Rubios? I had a WHOLE one all by myself. That NEVER would have happened a few weeks ago. Then a few hours later I had a frozen strawberry bar. Food has become SO important to me. Sherry visited us, and she just laughed as I brought up food of some kind every couple of hours.

2. The baby is hard a work. I now get up nearly every night to go to the bathroom. Sometimes I even get up more than once a night.

3. The baby has arm and leg buds. I saw them move today!

4. The baby causes people to genuinely ask how I am doing and how I feel. Luckily I haven't run to the toilet or thrown up outside my classroom yet. I almost did lose my breakfast one morning, but thankfully I didn't. I did switch to taking my prenatals to night time and that has helped tremendously. Plus I have crackers and dried fruit on my desk.

5. The baby needs a LOT of fiber. Some of you can read between the lines there. Let's just say that I now have Fiber One for breakfast. I often drink unfiltered apple juice. It is very common for me to eat an apple at lunch.

6. The baby doesn't like all foods. Anything mushy looks and tastes terrible. This was very sad to figure out during my three Thanksgivings over three days. That meant mashed potatoes, stuffing, and yams weren't my friends anymore.

7. The baby is dearly loved by Kyle, me, and our extended family. Taylor loves to say that my eggo is prego.

Things I know about me:
1. Those mood swings people say pregnant ladies have... they weren't lying. I normally am a people pleaser by nature. I normally analyze multiple ways I can respond before saying anything. Those filters that people have grown accustomed to have disappeared, got lost, or are MIA. The thing is, I normally think so many thoughts, but I tend to mold them into a way that most people can handle. That whole process of thinking before talking went away. So my first thoughts are often spoken with a lack of please and thank you. My wonderful husband has had all kinds of things said to him. The sad thing was that I didn't always realize how mean they were until I got a look back from him or his cousins.

2. This lack of a filter made me realize that I am definitely a sinner in need of a Savior. I've been praying about the words I use, and those harsh words seem to be calming down a bit.

3. I am so blessed to be carrying my first baby.

5 comments:

Kieran & Kari said...

Oh my- the pictures make it all so 'real'! Thanks for sharing the photos & the write up with all of us!

Anonymous said...

Too cute. My record is 10 bathroom trips in one night. And, with Ryan is loved vegtables and ate so healthy. With this one it's all carbs, meat, and sugar. Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

ok, that last comment was me, Brandy.

Bonnie said...

Congrats we are excited for you....can't wait to hold our new grand baby. Love Dad & Bonnie

Michele@Philoxenos said...

mood swings, whew boy! I remember those. I'm a moody person anyway, but being pregnant was scary! But I love being pregnant. Our girls ask about your and your baby all the time and they can't wait until your belly starts to show :)