We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I made a friend

We landed in Kabul on Tuesday. Perry told us not to let anyone help us with our bags or carts because they would then expect money. A boy, perhaps 14 years old, asked to help me and I said, "nay tashakur" (no thank you). He hung out and talked to me in English. When I'd ask him something he'd repeat what he said before. So I figure that he just knew enough English to offer help with luggage and greetings. I tried to keep him from helping but to no avail. So we gave him a fruit bar and grandpa gave him some pretzels. He had no idea what the fruit bar was so I said it was "nan" (bread). He really liked it. He then helped load our luggage when our ride picked us up so we gave him $2 US.

No comments: