We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Silly Question

Today I had several vials of blood drawn as requested by my OBGYN doctor. I flinched quite a bit when the kind, older lady stuck a needle in me. My face showed quite a bit of pain. With the needle in, she had me readjust my arm. She explained that my movement makes it hard to find the vain.

Then she asked me a silly question. "Are you okay?"

I'm trying not to let the tears in my eyes spill over as I say, "It just hurts."

She responds, "Of course."

Maybe she was afraid I'd faint, and thus the question.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

You are so cute. I hope it doesn't hurt. Maybe ice cream would help?

Tasha said...

I'm just hoping it doesn't bruise as bad as last time a nurse drew blood. Having a bruise to my elbow wasn't exactly fun or pretty.
Taking a nap helped the pain go away. :)

Lori said...

I was so happy to get to spend some time with you this past week. I am tickled pink about the baby. You and Kyle are in for the ride of a lifetime! Jennifer made the comment to me yesterday that she is in awe about how much her thinking has changed since becoming a mama! Your priorities certainly reprioritize!
Enjoy!
P.S. Getting up to go to the bathroom is God's way of preparing you to never have a solid night's sleep again-at least not for awhile!