We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Things I've Noticed

Here is a random list of things I've noticed.
1. I could blame every bad hair day on my scarf.
2. I would have to blow dry my hair here in the winter.
3. There are many foods here that I didn't expect to see like candy bars, cereal, and fruit cups.
4. The school here looks like other schools in the states. You can tell if the teacher is female by all of the colorful decorations, or if the teacher is male by the more minimalize way of decorating.
5. The chicken I've had twice is amazing.
6. Taking a nice hot shower is one of the biggest blessings here.
7. Kyle can make friends no matter where he goes, even if there is a language barrier.
8. Sherry and Perry really do like living here.
9. Hal is quite the story teller.
10. I use chapstick every couple of hours here, yet my hands aren't nearly as dried out as they were at home.
11. Facebook is really important when you are on this side of the world.
12. I think I would read a zillion books and crocket blankets rather than scarves if I lived here.
13. I miss family back home a lot.
14. There are no lines on the roads. People drive as they please including horse drawn carts, boys selling gum, police vehicles, and lots of cars depending upon where you are in the city.
15. The grocery store is similar to the Rainbow Mart in that you buy what you want now because it might not be there next come you come.
16. Boys wash cars to earn a living. They really like when they see Perry coming.
17. Perry has done a great job building relationships at his hospital. You can really tell that they guys there respect and enjoy Perry. They even get his sense of humor.
18. It is very dusty here.
19. Family is taking very good care of me and the baby while we are here.
20. We are heading out to celebrate New Year's Eve with a friend of Perry's.

No comments: