We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Where Ain't God

Kyle sent this out as his daily word. I was so impressed that I'm posting it. I LOVE the last line.


scripture

Hosea 2:19-20

God speaking to Israel, “I will accept you as my wife forever, and instead of a bride price I will give you justice, fairness, love, kindness, and faithfulness. Then you will truly know who I am.”

En Espanol, Oseas 2:19-20

define

Bride price: It was the custom for the husband to pay his wife's parents a bride price.

story

Where Ain’t God

He was just a little lad, and on the Lord's Day, was wand'ring home from Sunday School, and dawdling on the way. He scuffed his shoes into the grass; he found a caterpillar; he found a fluffy milk-weed pod, and blew out all the "filler." A bird's nest in a tree o'head, so wisely placed on high, was just another wonder that caught his eager eye. A neighbor watched his zig-zag course, and hailed him from the lawn; asked him, where he'd been that day, and what was going on. "Oh, I've been to Sunday School." (He carefully turned the sod, and found a snail inside.) "I've learned a lot of God." "M'm a very fine way," the neighbor said, "for a boy to spend his time; if you'll tell me where God is, I'll give you a brand new dime." Quick as a flash his answer came, nor were his accents faint; "I'll give you a dollar mister, if you'll tell me where God ain't."

No comments: