We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

31 Seconds!!!

We've been working on Eliana being able to sit up! I decided to time how long she can sit up. The shortest stretch tonight was 3 seconds. The longest was 31 seconds! Wahoo!

I've also been working on training Eliana to sleep in her crib rather than in her swing. We've had at least one nap the last three days in her crib. They are short naps, but most of them are about 30 minutes. Once I nursed her, and she then slept for an additional hour and a half in her crib! I was super tired this afternoon, so I swaddled her and put her in her swing after her mini crib nap. I put the swing on for a few minutes and then turned it off. I was tired and was trying to nap myself while she did. I simply do not sleep well with Kyle gone. Last night I was up for 2+ hours in the middle of the night. Eliana only needed me for 25 minutes. The night before it was 1.5 hours. Do you know what happens when you are up that long? You get hungry. So, after some mashed potatoes, I went back to bed.

I'm super excited about Kyle's trip, but I am also really looking forward to him coming home! I've gotten out of the house everyday and seen people! It has been very healthy for my sanity. I do pretty well during the day, but I do get pretty lonesome at night. I'll admit that I am pretty much a scaredy cat. What helped me to finally go to sleep last night, or I should say at 4:30ish this morning, was to say the name of Jesus over and over again.

No comments: