We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Welcome back

I made it into Fresno around 5am on Saturday. I slept for awhile and then we headed out for lunch with Tasha's mom. I noticed, as we approached the car, that our rear license plate was missing. Someone STOLE it!

A friend suggested we call the non-emergency police line. Tasha ended up filing a report. She then had to take that case number to the DMV to have new plates issued. The fee was $19. Thankfully we did not have to pay for the tags again.

As a kid, my dad told me that people will steal the tags of plates so they don't have to purchase them themselves. His tactic was to take a blade and slice the tag in strips diagonally from left to right and then from right to left. This way someone could try to take it but would end up leaving it when they discovered that it couldn't be easily removed and made to look legit once reapplied.

I wonder if I could electrify our new plates as a theft deterent. ???

2 comments:

Tasha said...

A positive side in all of this is that Eliana was great at the DMV. We were there over an hour, and she made people smile, laugh, and giggle!

Anonymous said...

Kyle, Kyle, Kyle...
Shocking people would not be a good thing to do.


Of course, Lovely was good! She's a doll baby!
GramE