We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Kyle's in El Salvador!

Kyle along with a whole bunch of other people are serving this week in San Salvador, El Salvador! He took the camera, so I won't be able to update with photos for a little while. They left here on Friday and headed down to our hometown. Then they picked up several more from Valley, and then headed to LAX. Kyle got a few hours of sleep on the way there. He didn't sleep much on the plane. Once they got their, he went around with a translator and met about a dozen families and invited them to the free movie that evening.

Today Pastor Phil preached, with the help of a translator. He has two services at one location, and one service at the hotel that the team is staying at. Kyle went to the other location, but I don't know how it went yet. I do know that he had chicken shawarmas for lunch. He is posting things on Facebook in Spanish. HA! He also had papusas yesterday. He and Rachel said they are amazing.

I don't get to see my hubby until the wee hours of Saturday morning. I'm trying to fill my days with visits to friends around. I'll go crazy without some adult interaction. SO, if you are reading and would like to come to dinner this week or have us over, just let me know;) So far I've been successful in project Keep Sanity with Perry and Sherry's help. They came down on Friday and just left a few hours ago. We were able to go to friends' house for dinner last night. We had Ruli and Bryce join us for lunch today. Yeah for company!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! didn't know you all had a blog! I love the Pics!