We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Evangeline

Leanne had mentioned how much Evangeline doesn't like to go shopping.  I clearly remember going to Winco when Eliana was her age. I tried to be brave and go by myself.  My timing worked well so that I fed her and got through all of the shopping at a quick pace.  The only problem was getting in line.  By that time she was done being awake and wanted to sleep.  I couldn't hold her and load the groceries onto the conveyor belt, nor could I hold her and bag.  Eliana went from whimpering to all out screaming.  For months after that, Kyle went with me grocery shopping so that line time could be daddy or mommy time.  With the memory clear in my mind, I offered to watch Evangeline while Leanne and Malachi went shopping.  When Eliana was younger, I didn't feel confident that I could handle Eliana and anyone else.  Now that she is 8 months, I figured I had a little bit more understanding of how Eliana worked.  Evangline got dropped off while Eliana napped.  I did what I do with Eliana oh so often; we had a photo shoot!

I love her gorgeous blue eyes!!!

Evangeline had already passed her smiling window, but she was a good sport for photos.

The months of rocking Eliana paid off.  I was able to rock Evangline to sleep in about 3 minutes!  Wahoo!  Five minutes after laying her down, Eliana woke up.  It all worked out wonderfully.  It was so nice to be able to help out Leanne and to visit with Evangeline.  She made me realize how big Eliana is getting!

1 comment:

GramE said...

I knew you could do it!