We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

A proud daddy

This morning, while mom slept, I was handing Eliana puffs.  Puffs are cereal-like snacks for babies that melt in your mouth.  She opened her mouth and leaned forward for me to put it in her mouth.  However, I moved my hand far enough away that she had to pick it out of my hand herself.  A puff went into the palm of her hand so that she couldn't see it.  Since she couldn't see it, she thought it wasn't there and put her hand out for another one.  Ha.  We tried again.  She used her thumb and either forefinger or middle finger to pick it up.  Once a puff was in her grasp, I pushed her hand to her mouth.  When the puff hit her gums she let go and started chomping on it.  SCORE!  She did that twice this morning.  The third puff required my help to get it into her mouth.

Last night, I sat Eliana in the floor to play while I lowered the matress in her crib.  She took the top off of a toy cookie jar, reached into it, grabbed individual shapes, and pulled them out.  WOW!  Once all the shapes were on the floor she began gumming the cookie jar.  Tasha put the shapes back inside and Eliana did it again.  I remember about three weeks ago that she wouldn't put her hand in the cookie jar, let alone notice the shapes inside of it. 

I am such a proud daddy!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Thanks again for letting me sleep from 6-7:)

GramE said...

Your baby girl is growing up!