We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Quiet Memories



Tonight Kyle and I made the chocolate version of the cookies from a few posts ago for tomorrow's Christmas party. Kyle got out two dishes for us to put them on. We decided on a Christmas boot. As I stared at his special find, a quietness filled me. I just looked and let my eyes mist over. I asked Kyle if he knew where this boot came from. He said, "Grandma Wava?"
"No."
"Oma?"
"Yes."

There are moments that my heart still breaks that they have been gone now over six months. Many times Grandpa Jack has visited my dreams. Sometimes you don't know what you had until it is gone.

1 comment:

Allison said...

How wondeful that you have that bowl to trigger memories of your grandma. It's sad losing someone you cherish, but keeping those fond memories alive is something special in itself.