We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Sleep Diaries

Sleeping Eliana. Yes, it is fuzzy since I didn't use the flash. I didn't want to chance waking her up!

Recently Eliana and I visited family in our hometown. Although there were many blessings to the trip, Eliana's lack of sleep was a constant issue. We had three days back home and then all of us were off to see family again for Thanksgiving. We got a little smarter by bringing our own swing. I knew that at some point I'd need to break Eliana of sleeping in a swing, and this has motivated me to continue to work on it. Let's just say it has been quite difficult on her and me. For the last three nights she has fought sleep steadily from 7-11ish. Last night at 10:30 I finally got her to sleep after she had a good screaming session for 20 mintues. Sadly, she was then up again at 11 to eat. Ugh!

Tonight, a miracle happened. Eliana happily and quickly fell asleep in Kyle's arms. This is truly a miracle for many reasons. One, she hasn't happily fallen asleep at this time in over two weeks. She hasn't fallen asleep for anyone else but me (and Taylor on one occasion) in over a month. You may be wondering why Kyle hasn't had success in rocking our wee one. Her fighting and screaming instead of soothing with him started after he had surgery on his wrist. Having those two weeks off made her prefer just me. Although it sounds like a compliment, it isn't to a tired mama.

Tonight Kyle put Eliana in a baby carrier as we put up the Christmas ornaments. She was already getting tired when he put her in. She enjoyed her close comfy daddy time. After the tree was done, Kyle pulled her out and held her in the rocking position for just a moment before her eyes got heavy and she went out. I tell you, I did a silent happy dance right there in the hallway! Silent, because there was NO way I wanted to wake up this sleeping little one.

So, here is the big question. Did she stay asleep? I know you are all wondering. Well, the answer is no. She woke up while I was typing this. She woke up a few minutes after being transfered to sleep out of her daddy's arms. I'm still happy though. She did fall asleep in her daddy's arms tonight, and I hope she'll soon go out for a couple of hours.


1 comment:

Allison said...

Tasha, I feel your pain. We're having some sleep battles over here too - and at only a month old!