We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Anger

This morning I went for a short morning. It was the first day this week that the heat didn't overtake me while I ran. So I praised God that although I woke up a little late, the heat wasn't terrible.

I got to take to my Kari on the phone for about half an hour. Our conversation was filled with laughter and joy.

So far, so good.

My sister is getting married this summer. I began working on the invitations Kyle and I found yesterday for a super great price. I stamp the outside of the envelopes with hearts and then type up the invitation. I'm all excited because Kyle found confetti hearts that match the stamp, and the invitations are black and white. It is perfect to go with my sister's heart theme mixed with her colors black, white, and red. Then, the printer won't print. I mess with it for a while and I decided that the paper was too thick, or due to the bend of the card, the print is NOT going to print the PERFECT invitations. I email Kari and asked for prayer as I wasn't totally frustrated, but I really didn't want to get that way. She, thankfully, was willing. I am then distracted from my problem solving strategies by loud banding outside. I find out from my neighbors that we are having a patio cleaning agreement being reinforced by our apartment complex. It's not a big deal to me, I only have a few things out of place, but my neighbors weren't happy in the least about it.

So, what happened to me. I went from so far, so good to fussy. Poor Kyle came home for lunch and I was mad at the printer and complaining about the patio.

I got an idea of how to fix the invitations by printing the invite onto tracing paper and then cutting it and gluing it to the card. They look great, but it wasn't what I had planned on spending hours doing. While working on the invites I listened a few times to a new cd I got called corner cafe: relaxing jazz (which I recommend and it was only $9.99 at Target!). Then, I decided to check out lifechurch.tv. I looked through their archived message series and found one called The Sickness Within. It turns out that the first message is all about, you guessed it, anger.

Now that I've had a nice perspective check, seems I'm getting a lot of them lately, I highly recommend the message to you. I love how animated Craig, the pastor, gets while talking. He talked about spewers and stiflers. He didn't mind pointing out that holding onto unrighteous anger is opening the door wide open for the enemy to make a mess of your life. Craig also talked about righteous anger and gave examples of when Jesus had righteous anger. I love that Craig doesn't sugar coat what the Bible says. He pointed out the Proverbs 29:11 and explained that it is not okay to just explode on someone just because you are mad. Check out the message at http://www.lifechurch.tv/message-archive/the-sickness-within/1.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Two days ago a friend and I were looking for invitations for my sisters wedding. My friend said, "Oh, you could get the crafty ones that would look so great."
"No, I want them to be as quick and easy, but nice as possible."

So, guess how long the process took since the printer decided to make me work overtime. SEVEN hours. So, the next time you get an invitation, be thankful. Even if it just took a few minutes to make, be thankful!!!

On the happier side, I found heart stickers and the stamps had a heart on them too!!!

The Eaks said...

Hey! I am happy to know of your blog too! You guys are so cute!! Yes, other people say that Emily looks like my mom!! I totally agree! :) Lovely blue eyes they have!
KIT!
Carey