We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Madison, day 2

Our first few days here, the Bahers and my wife very graciously let me sleep in until after 10. It has been great. I am sure that my dear friend Chris is having so much fun making deadlines on our current projects back at the office. I sort of left him stranded so I'll have to maybe bring him Starbucks or something.

All four of us squeezed into the Mustang and made our way to EPIC where Kieran works. The place is massive. They have maybe 3 huge red cranes moving materials all over the place to the north of their already existent campus. Kieran is in training sessions teaching fresh out of college new hires the software. It was humorous to see these "kids" in t-shits, shorts, sandals, and backpacks trekking across such an impressive campus. I am very excited that we get to go on an EPIC tour Friday after work hours.

Next we all went over to a cook out and enjoyed some bratwursts, chips, and sodas. In the 30's a German man came to Wisconsin and taught people how to make sausages. They've got a nice operation and ship all over. Beware their Cajun brawts! Very nice but pretty spicy.

Kari and Tasha picked up the Saturn and went to coffee and girl time. Ethan and I went cruising over to a gargantuan sporting goods store for some boy time. We browsed the whole store: bikes, football, baseball, lacrosse, hockey, shoes and cleats, kayaking, hunting, fishing, camping, and finishing up by testing $160 putters on their little green. Then we came back for some Wii time and played baseball, tennis, and boxing. I impressed Ethan with my mad boxing skills. He is a worthy opponent. We also do very well in tennis when playing doubles.

Good times!

1 comment:

Tasha said...

It is SOOOO beautiful here. People say things like, "Let's go to California, it's so pretty." I think people should check out Madison and Verona Wisconsin. I can't wait to get home so I can upload photos to show ya'll.