We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Random Thoughts

Stress Ball
Yesterday as I sat squeezing my stress ball to the death it occurred to me that when someone comes up with an idea for a product it has to be evaluated for its potential. Did they look for a trend in the market for health related products? Or was it simply a realization that it would be better for people to sit and squeeze a ball instead of going ballistic on whoever happened to walk in their path?


Running
Reasons to run: 1) you are going to miss your bus 2) you are mistaken by the mob as a man needing concrete shoes 3) as you are walking across the street a car decides to run a red light 4) you have to get to the hospital 4) you forgot your wallet at the register 5) ninjas just jumped out of a tree and into your path 6) you are being chased by thugs, a pack of wolves, or your neighborhood dog 7) a swarm of bees, wasps, or locus are quickly coming toward you 8) your neighbor is coming over the fence at you while you are in the middle of toilet papering his yard 9) a detention school brought all their kids to the park for a fieldtrip 10) a skunk just lifted his tail and winked at you. These are acceptable reasons to run. Running for the fun of it, now that is just crazy!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Talk to Karrie T about her theory on running. It's something like: You're running TO something (late for the bus, the tram, a plane, etc.); you're running FROM something (guy with a knife, gun, etc.); you're running AGAINST something (wind, rain, hail, tornado).:) Running,it's a curious sport, isn't it? Makes me look forward to the Olympics all the more! Kari

Unknown said...

The stress ball reminded me of the ball they give you when you're donating blood. In order to keep circulation in the arm you're donating from, they often give you a ball to squeeze every 10 seconds or so. Not me. Nope- over achiever. I'm squeezing that ball so much it might pop. The attendants nicely remind me that about every 10 seconds I should give it 1 good squeeze. Oh- every 10 seconds. That requires slowing down to count. Ah, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Squeeze. You get the idea.

That reminds me of when I was being wheeled in for the emergency c-section to have Ethan. Wheeled in to room. Strapped onto gurnee. Spoke with doctor & anesthesiologist. The anesthesiologist then said: "I'm going to give you some medicine & I'm going to ask you to count backwards from 100." My response: "How will I know if it's working?" His: "Begin counting now." Mine: "100-99-9....z-z-z-" Woken up to: "Kari, Kari, you've had a healthy baby boy." Guess the medicine worked.:) Kari

Kyle said...

"Um, Kari? Kari, wake up." That's funny.

Tasha said...

What about running because it is cleansing? Or running because it blesses the socks off your wife? I think those should count too!!! Thanks again for going on a run yesterday morning.

Kyle said...

Yes, honey. Those are even better reasons to run. However, they don't come to mind until after we get back from our run.

Tasha said...

LOL, I agree with that. Sometimes running is just a process of mind of over matter and trying to keep oxygen in your body.