We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful Day 15: God's Timing

Today was a busy day! I prepared a meal for friends that have a 12 day old baby. She is simply adorable! I was amazed at how light she was! There is something breath taking about holding a brand new baby. I remember when Eliana was that small, but in a way it seems like so long ago.

After the meal I was heading to the dentist. I needed to drop Eliana off so that my cousin could watch her. My cousin called and was sick. Uh oh. What to do. I called Kyle, but he was swamped at work and had to stay there. I called my carpool buddy, but I'm pretty sure she was still at work. I was still at my friends' house, but there was no way I'd add Eliana to this family's already busy life. Another friend came by to drop off the brother of the newborn. I asked what she was up to for the rest of the day. Praise the Lord! She was not only available, she was excited to watch Eliana.

This is one of those times when I praise God for His timing and planning. He knew I'd need another friend to care for my little one before I did. If I had needed to go drop off Eliana some place, I probably would have been late to my appointment. It all worked out so nicely! Today I am thankful for God's timing and for my flexible, generous friend.

No comments: